Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Where to get HD PCB Replacements?

Status
Not open for further replies.

13tuba

Technical User
Jul 29, 2007
US
Hey all, I'm trying to get a replacement PCB for a Hitachi Travelstar 60 gb laptop hd. I was wondering if any of you had suggestions as to where to look. I have previously purchased a board off ebay but found the firmware or something of the like to be incompatible (*n00bed*).

I was given a few suggestions by warranty services (its past warranty) as to where to look but their websites are impossible and they have not responded to emails etc...

*Hall of Shame Listing*
(feel free to redeem them...)

CUE Technologies, Inc
1-800-RING CUE (746-4283)

TCB Technologies
866-30-PARTS (866-307-2787)

Component Sourcing Group
877-274-7620
sales@4csgrp.com

Well, not you are not an eBay n00b anymore and you need to season your skills there. Avoid "Power Sellers" and huge stores, look for smaller sellers that will pay you more attention and answer your questions. eBay is still your best source, but it might not be easy. Do your homework and ask the right questions BEFORE you buy.

Don't necessarily think you just need to buy the PCB; you might do better finding a complete drive and just abandoning the platters etc. for another project.

I am fortunate to have a mom-and-pop old-world electronics store nearby, with bins full of hard drives and other PC Parts. You might want to see if you can find a shop like this near you. Best of luck.

Tony

Users helping Users...

Try finding complete functioning Hard drives, it will be easier to find what you are looking for that way.

Also that way you'll be certain the PCB works. If you by them loose, you have no idea whether they work or not.

----------------------------------
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back