Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Where to find sample access DBs using odbc

Status
Not open for further replies.

surfside1

Programmer
Feb 12, 2006
US
Does anyone know of where I can find a sample DB that using odbc to access a sql server .mdf file?
Thanks!

You generally create ODBC datasources on local machines to access data on your network. Any MDB that I could provide to you would link to database servers that you could never connect to from outside of our network.

If you have a SQL Database that you want to connect to from Access, walk through the creation of a DSN. You can then connect to it from Access.

Duane MS Access MVP
[green]Ask a great question, get a great answer.[/green] [red]Ask a vague question, get a vague answer.[/red]
[green]Find out how to get great answers faq219-2884.[/green]

Hi,

May I use ODBC directly to connect SQL server without local DSN setting.

I can not set DNS because I do not have terminal access to the system but I can access the mdb file through network.

Thanks

M

You can access directly through an ODBC connection string. Why not use the ODBC Administrator to create a linked table by DSN first, then use that connection string from that connection in your code to build your linked tables directly?

Gary
gwinn7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back