Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Where to find Desktop Messaging client?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andras888

IS-IT--Management
Feb 12, 2007
US
I am looking for a version that will work with Windows 7. I looked on the Nortel customer site and found nothing under downloads. Please point me to the right source, attach it, or email it to me.

Have you tried latest desktop messaging version and see if it works.

I don't have the latest version, which is my very problem. The version I have is a few years old. I would love to try the latest version if I could get hold of it.

You need the version 5.00.41.110 that came out in June of this year for it to work with Windows 7. I got my copy from our vendor....

Would you please attach this version?

Don't go to downloads. If you go to and search for Call Pilot. Then just look under the software section. It will have patches and applications for you to download there. If you can log in you can get this software.

I went to and after logging in (as customer), under Home > Technical Support > Voice, Multimedia & Unified Communications > CallPilot

at the Software section it says: "There are either no software downloads available or you are not entitled to view them. Please make sure you are logged in."

There are either no software downloads available or you are not entitled to view them. Please make sure you are logged in."
I would guess you are not entitled to recieve software downloads. Get you vender to try, they should be OK if they are Nortel certified.

We are self-maintained and don't have a contract vendor.

We are upgrading our bcm400 to 450 and hoping desktop messaging and FAX client will work on windows 7

You have to be a Partner to get software and the NORTEL site does not have anything on it anymore it has been moved to AVAYA.support.com.

Would somebody who possesses version 5.00.41.110 please post the software or email it to me?

If you found it, point me to the right direction please

I found a very disappointing experience on Nortel BCM product,
Hardware is fine, but they don't have a clue about what software is

These are some of my experiences

- User Interface (deficient) No friendly at all, lead you to confusion because some configuration have to be done only by web interface and other through business element where can or cannot have relation between them (example, you can change a TARGET LINE setting through the BE and it won't warn you about the same line is already compromised by some auto-attendant setting made through the web, nothing is intuitive whatsoever

- software support ( deficient ), like you may notice by now, you HAVE TO PRAY in order to get a simple free software update to solve a critical situation, you can't find a lot of free information or links out there ( like asterisk ,Cisco or even Microsoft communicator )to get help yourself or download a free update/upgrade

- system crash 2 times in 1 year ( some patches were applied after that ) so it fine now after I scheduled one reboot per month, you going to find yourself inside a sort LINUX box if you SSH a BCM box

my particular opinion, this kind of BOX you paying for, it never gonna be YOUR

I agree and have plenty of stories of my own, and will move to Asterisk just as soon as we can. For now, however, this is the current system, and I am trying to patch it with a newer software client. But as you can see, for some selfish reason, even though we paid for, upgraded our system multiple times, bought hardware, software, and right-to-use licenses, and still cannot get an updated client software, unless I dash out tens of thousands of dollars for annual maintenance contract, while the manufacturer's support has been a joke for years.

Do you have a BCM400 or a BCM450? I have been told that aftre we upgrade to BCM450 the client will work on a Windows 7.
Anyone have any issues with BCM450, Contact Center, Reporting, Unified Messging with Nortel FAX?

I hope not considering we just bought it and will be installed in January.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back