Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Where to find custom menus in MS Word 2007?

Status
Not open for further replies.

adknbvi

Programmer
Apr 17, 2001
US
Hi,
In my workplace, we have an Office 2000 or 2003 MS Word document with embedded macros that are accessed via a custom menu. The menu shows up right along the top of the document in line with File, Edit, etc... When a user clicks on it, he gets a drop-down list of functions, each of which correspond to a macro to carry out a function.

I've been upgraded to Office 2007, and now I have no idea where I should find this custom menu. I have searched all over. The file itself is still Office 2000 or 2003, because it's used by multiple people and I'm the only one currently upgraded to Office 2007.

Can anyone tell me where to look?
Thanks
Valerie

Word 2007 does not use menus, it uses the (IMO) dreaded ribbon. As is, your custom menus will not work with 2007.

You can, with some effort, duplicate things. See here for some things from our Tony Jollans.

Also, see Graham Major's site on using 2003 toolbars with 2007. It uses a registry hack.

Gerry

That is another source of

trying to make 2007 act as if it is 2003.

Gerry

Thanks! I guess I'm going to take a look at the ToolbarToggle. It seems to fit the need most closely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back