Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Where to buy used routers for LAB 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 8, 2003
US
Anyone have any suggestions about where to get a couple of used routers for my CCNA studies? Any help would be appreciated.

I have 15 Cisco 2500 routers for my lab, bought them all on Ebay.

I have them all mounted in a "shock proof" rolling 2 sided "DJ" 24u tall audio rack. If you have ever been to Cisco Networkers - it is how they carry lots of the lab setups for the different sessions.

Shop around can get some GREAT prices.

Also do a search under routers/Cisco for "labs" to see the groupings of routers, switches, cables etc. for an instant lab.

For CCNA 2 2501's and 1 2502 and 1 or 2 switches is all you really need. 2502 is a token ring router but it still has 2 serial interfaces that can be used to talk to the other 2 routers.

CCNP and CCIE - the more the better so you can create all sorts of arrangements and configurations.

E.A. Broda
CCNA, CCDA, CCAI, Network +

Just bought my lab (of sorts) 3 x 2504 & 2 1603 ISDN
need to get a switch now for VLAN...
as CiscoGuy33 says....EBAY is a great place, and if ya lucky you can get a goo deal..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back