Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Where' s the Temporary Internet Files Stored at? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

danielh68

Technical User
Jul 31, 2001
US
Hi,

I have 2000 and I can't seem to locate the actual Temporary Internet Files folder. I've typed it in a search and got a lot of temp folders, but not the Temporary Internet Files folder. Can someone direct me to where it's at?

Thanks in advance,
DanH

1st you need to view hidden files.

Tools>Folder Options>View>Show Hidden Files

Next go to docs and settings>your account>Local Settings.

There it is. Hewissa

MCSE, CCNA, CIW

Alternatively, as the folder can be specified anywhere with custom settings, you could right-click on the Internet Explorer icon (or click on Internet in Control Panel) and click Properties, click Settings in the Temporary Internet Files section, then click View Files. This will show you the folder without browsing to it and you should be able to see/double-check the path in the address toolbar.

Clicking Move Folder instead of View Files at the Internet properties page will allow you to move it somewhere more obvious if you prefer.

Great! Thanks everyone for your help. Much appreciated.

--Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back