Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WHERE operator and UserResponse function 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

elac

Technical User
Jul 9, 2002
BE
I try to define a new variable with the following formula :

=MyMeasure Where MyDimension=UserResponse("MyDataProvider","MyPrompt")

I always get a syntax error focused on 'UserResponse'.

If I define another variable with formula =UserResponse("MyDataProvider","MyPrompt"), it works.

Does anybody have a working sample code with that kind of formula ?

Thanks.

&quot;where&quot; clause syntax is a lot restrictive. Is must be of the form &quot;where (<variable>=value)&quot;, where &quot;value&quot; must be a non-negative numeric constant, a text constant (&quot;text&quot;) or a date constant ('date').

When I need &quot;value&quot; to be something more complicated, i do the following: I replace &quot;where (<variable>=value)&quot; with &quot;where (<variable=value>=1)&quot;, where <variable=value> is a new variable with the formula &quot;=<variable>=value&quot;.

This solution can be used to make multiple conditions in one where clause: &quot;where (<condition>=1)&quot;, where <condition> is a variable with the condition formula, that can include multiple variables.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back