Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Where is username/company information stored? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiseNewbie

Programmer
Jan 9, 2004
AU
How do i retrieve the information entered when the user enters their name and company when installing our product? We have corporate versions of our software that doesnt require registration so we will be needing to pull that information to display instead.

If you are using the standard template then use the USERNAME and COMPANYNAME properties.

HtH,

Rob

-Focus on the solution to the problem, not the obstacles in the way.-

Hi,

Yes I thought it was those, are there any surrounding signs i need in them? Like:
[USERNAME] or (USERNAME) or anything?

Thanks!

P.S. I'm new here, how do i flag a problem fixed and all this points business?

Yes, use [] square brackets around properties.

You can't flag a problem per-se as fixed on this site. Generally, you simply put in a post stating the solution worked. If you flag a post with a star (by clicking "Thank [USERNAME] for this valuable post") it means the advise was helpful but may or may not be the perfect solution. People will have to read the thread to find out.

Regards,

Rob

-Focus on the solution to the problem, not the obstacles in the way.-

Thanks:D You've been a great help. Dont worry i'll be back with more problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back