Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Where is this object? I cannot find it

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheguvera

Programmer
Oct 13, 2005
GB
Hi,

I am working on a Access 2000 project developed by somebody else. There are some forms which I am trying to study.

What I have to find is on which table/query the form(s) is based? I am going to the form's design mode and click the "Field List" button on the tool bar. I can see the list of fields in the box and name of the table as the title.

My main problem is, the table/query name which I can see at the top of "field list", I cannot see the same in the tables and in queries !! Why is that? are there any hidden thing in there??

How can I find correctly, on which table/query my form is based (getting data from)?
In my case I have found the name, but I cannot see that table/query in the list of tables and queries in the Access project.

Please help.

Regards

on which table/query the form(s) is based
Have a look at the RecordSource property of the form.

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ181-2886

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back