Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Where is text stored 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimsterS

Programmer
Apr 24, 2001
US
The text written into the command window is stored someplace. Does anyone know the name of the file.

Thanks
JimsterS

In VFP 7.0 and up, it's stored in _command.prg - in your default directory.

Rick

HI

I think Rick must have meant.. the directory where settings are kept.

I my computer for example is located in
c:\documents and settings\Administrator\Application data\Microsoft\Visual FoxPro 8(I am using WinXP)

However my default directory is something else... that D:\......\... This I keep changing depending on project but the history of command window keeps continuing, since it is kept on the directory where VFP looks for it irrespective of the default working directory.

:)

Ramani is quite right. If it was stored in default directory, the history would change every time you switched to a different directory, which is clearly not happening.

Mike

Mike Lewis
Edinburgh, Scotland

My Visual Foxpro web site: My Crystal Reports web site:

Actually, the "... file is located in the same directory as the FoxUser resource file." I took the easy way that I often suggest, and actually read the Help file! Sometimes I "guess" wrong! :)

The reason it appears to be in my default directory, is because I always fire up VFP with a CONFIG file that points where I keep my resource file. (Since I have 10 versions of FP / FPW / VFP installed, it's critical to keep them separate so they don't step on each other!)

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back