Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Where is Report Header?

Status
Not open for further replies.

R7Dave

Programmer
Oct 31, 2007
US
Hello - I am using 2005

Is there a way to have a report header?

Not a page header, but a report header, that prints only once for the whole report.

Thanks
Dave

Well, you can have a header row on a grid only print on the first page. Just toggle the 'repeat on new page' of the header row to 'False'.

Thanks - but I need the top row to repeat - I tried adding two tablerows but that property is not independant of each other - changing the property on one table row changes them on both.

Thanks
Dave

It sounds like you're talking about a grid or group header repeat. There's a header on the report, just right-click in the top left corner (same place you can get to report properties) and choose the report header.

When I right click the small black square, my menu reads

Report Parameters...
Page Header
Page Footer
Properties

I don't see "Report Header" - am I in the right place?

Thanks
Dave

Reporting Services doesn't yet (as of RS 2008) support a Report Header section. You'll need to simulate a report heading by placing items in the upper part of the Report Body.

Thanks DaveInIowa - that worked - also, thank you to compuveg

Thanks
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back