Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Where is my Outlook2000 help 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ocb

IS-IT--Management
Nov 5, 2003
NO
On one of my users PC, the outlook2000 help is gone. When clicking on the help menu, the help program starts up, but after showing hourglass for a few seconds, the help window is gray and empty. I have tried to reinstall outlook2000, even install and add/remove objects and changing the settings for help(typically run from computer/run and first time use etc) but every time I start help, the help window is gray and empty...

Tried but didn't work. Also tried to copy all help-files from a functioning PC to a non-functioning PC without success. All help-files are present(in c:\programs\microsoft office\office\1033 folder) and when deleting the outlhlp9.chm file, outlook2000 will install the same file when clicking help. But still - the help window is gray and empty. Tried to copy hh.exe(.chm-files open default in c:\winnt\hh.exe) from one PC to another without success...

Still empty gray help window...
[sad]

Found it myself:

regsvr32 c:\winnt\system32\itss.dll

That did it..
[smile]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back