Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Where is Activity monitor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsteph

Technical User
Oct 24, 2002
US
Hi all,
I know this sounds dense, but I can't find a reasonable place to view processes in SMS 2008. I tried clicking the "Activity Monitor" button, and it brings up something vaguely based on sp_who2, but it does not show anything in the dbname column, and it only shows about 6 records at a time.

In the old sql 2000 EM, you could click on the treeview in the explorer, and it would show a full page list, and all the relevent info would be there, and you could dbl-click on a process for more info.

Am I not looking in the right place or did MS just remove the extra usability?
Thanks,
--Jim

We use a third party product but when I use SSMS Activity Monitor it will show the information but you had to wait a minute to get it to show.
Mine is showing Overview with four graphs, Processes that is the sp_who bit, Resource Waits, data file i/o, and recent expensive queries. This is shown for multiple databases after I have clicked the show button and waited.

Not sure if this is helpful, but the waiting is the hard part.

djj
The Lord is my shepherd (Psalm 23) - I need someone to lead me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back