Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Where I get btrieve 6.15 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Now we use brequest.exe version 6.10e for netware 4.12.
I need to develope our application with windows 98/me/2000 platform.

Thank you
junsom@hotmail.com

Btrieve v6.15 is very old. Almost as old as v6.10 that you're using now. The current, and supported, version is Pervasive.SQL 2000. A trial version is available on Pervasive's website ( Btrieve v6.15 was never tested and probably won't work on Windows 2000 or Win ME.
Mirtheil
mirtheil@mirtheil.com
Custom VB and Btrieve development.

does anyone know where i can download just the pervasive ODBC drivers for windows 2000?

THe ODBC drivers for Windows 2000 depend on the version of Pervasive you've got. If you've got Pervasive.SQL 2000, you should have them, unless the application that installed Pervasive didn't install them. If you've got Pervasive.SQL 7, they were a separate install but aren't supported on Windows 2000 except in Pervasive.SQL v7 SP6. If you've got Btrieve 6.15, they were also a separate install but were never tested or supported on Windows 2000. I don't see that they wouldn't work but I haven't tried the ODBC side of things. I have tried Btrieve on Windows 2000 though and it seems to work OK as long as you have rights to write to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE registry key.
Hope this helps.
mirtheil@mirtheil.com
Custom VB and Btrieve development.
Certified Pervasive Developer
Certified Pervasive Technician

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back