Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Where have my forms gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RLA

Instructor
Feb 22, 2002
US
Hi,
I'm having a bad Monday morning! I have an Access 2000 database and my forms are gone. I've tried to import them from a backup, but even though the import seems successful there are no forms displayed in the 'Forms' section of the database window. I try to copy-and-paste and nothing seems to save. The code modules are there, and my tables/queries etc. seem fine. On Friday, I opened a form, deleted a caption, and saved it -- that's all. Has anyone had this problem and is there a way to fix it? I've tried to repair but it hasn't had an effect.
Thanks very much!

Are the forms visible in the VB Project Explorer?

Check your size of MDB file. Or, try run compact and fix.

Hi,

Thanks for the response. Yes, the forms are visible in the VB Project Explorer, but I get error messages (the form "X" is misspelled or refers to an object that does not exist) if I try to open them. Also, I can create a new form but I can't add code to it.

I've tried to compact and repair but no luck. I think I know which form caused the problem, but I can't open the code to change it and there's no 'delete' function in the VB window.

Thanks~

try use Ctrl+G to open code windows and Debug --> compile, you will call error message and to fix them.

Copy all objects (except suspect form) to blank database and compile

Anf finally if all else fails make sure that you have not set the Forms to be "Invisible". Goto TOOLS>OPTIONS and on the General Tab make sure there is a checkbox in Hidden Items.

"I know what you're t'inkin', ma petite. Dat Gambit... still de suave one, no?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back