Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

where exactly are .rox files stored in Actuate Reporting after upload

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgangula

IS-IT--Management
Sep 5, 2007
US
Hi,

I am trying my hand at Actuate reports. Right now what we do is login to Actuate web interface and upload the .rox files and automate them to run everyday. and this process is repeated in test and production whenever we create/modify new report.

Can someone please direct me on where exactly these .rox files are uploaded/stored. Our Actuate server runs from a unix box. Are these .rox files stored directly as .rox files or stored in a database somewhere, if so is there a way to browse/read this database. I have no clue where and how actuate stores the .rox files.

Your response is appreciated.
Thank you.

they should be stored as rox files on the unix box in the directory that you upload them.

Thank you so much for the reply. I tried and searched the box for .rox files but nothing returned. I heard from someone that rox files are actually stored in the database. I am not sure though.

have you used navigator within Actuate to locate them?

exectuable files stored on the server you tell actuate to save them to. hope this helps, and check out my Actuate guru hair amulets for sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back