Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Where do I go to find a job if I am qualified? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 12, 2001
US
Ok, I'm a Qualified Crystal Report Developer and I need to know where to go to find a job. I've got over two years experience and am looking. I've searched several job sites:
Monster
Headhunter(Careerbuilder)
Dice
Hotjobs

but can't find one that doesn't require some other "experience" or certification. I want to learn SQL but am held back where I'm at.

I've got 15 years experience developing in Access and currently write reports off of MS SQL, but I don't write SQL stored procedures. I'm also MOUS Certified.

I'm desperate! Can someone give me a good link where Crystal developers can go to find a career?

I'm a single mom and need stability so I'm not real interested in contract unless it pays real well.

Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.

I don't know where you're based, but jobserve.com is a pretty good site.

If you're willing to relocate, consider using DICE and search the LA area (all of CA), they seem to have quite a few positions.

As for learning SP's, you can download a personal version of SQL Server and Oracle, and go at it.

If you have decent SQL, which it sounds like you do, and given your lengthy programming background, you'll find creating SQL Server SP's a breeze.

I change contracts every 3-12 months, and DIC is the # source in CA, though craigslist.org, Monster, Yahoo jobs and a few others produce a results.

Sorry for the delayed response, I'm fairly new to tek-tips, and since this forum gets so little activity, I don't check it.

-k kai@informeddatadecisions.com

You might check with Bank of America. We currently are using CE 8.5 in production and have some developers in both Norfolk Va and Charlotte NC. Not sure if they are hiring right now. You can send me a resume at my email kirk.mahoney@bankofamerica.com. I'll pass it to the powers that be.

Kirk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back