Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Where do I get more fonts for Dreamweaver 4 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiwi2000

Technical User
Sep 22, 2000
NZ
I have DW4 but want to use more fonts than are available...Where can I get them from...Any help or sources appreciated...free preferably.

Thankyou.

Peter

You dont have to download fonts, you can use the ones you already have... all you do is : Click where you change the font > scroll down to edit font list > A box will come up with ALL the fonts that are on your computer... click on the ones on the right that you would like to add to Dreamweaver and then click on the + sign. This will add those fonts to your list then just click ok and change the font =D
Melanie

If you need to add additional fonts, Dreamweaver uses only the fonts which are available to your computer system as a whole.
Simply go the "Start menu", "setting" and choose "fonts"
Here you can see which fonts are installed and which are not.
Within Dreaweaver, choose properties and simply edit font list. Double click on the font which you require and it will add this too your Dreamweaver font list.
I Hope this helps.

Hello kiwi2000!

Don't forget that adding fonts to DW is not a good practice. Those fonts that DW give us are mostly will be available for any user of your site because browser uses only fonts availabe on client's computer. And if you have let's say Garamond font installed on your computer and use this font designing site in DW you may not be sure that this font have visitor of your site. I only use two fonts - Arial and Times because they will probably be on most computers.
That's it.

Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back