Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Where do i find ADOExpress???

Status
Not open for further replies.

JasonDBurke

Programmer
Jun 20, 2001
US
Hi,
I'm currently working in the Delphi 5 environment and i need to do some work with an Access DB. ADO is what we have decided to use however its not located on the component palette in Borland Delphi 5 professional (that i can find anyway). I've read about this ADOExpress and Borland even has an Update for it on their website however I need the original to be installed first before i can update.. I keep seeing C++ Builder as a place where the original may exist however I don't have C++ Builder. How can i get this ADOExpress without C++ Builder and is this even possible?
Thanx for any help,
Jason Burke

You have to purchase it from Borland! I'm not positive if the C++Builder version works for D5 Pro but I know people who have purchased ADO Express for D5 Pro in the past. Call a Borland Sales Rep and see what you can find out!

Good luck... TealWren

Bought it the other day from the Borland Delphi Page, yes it is hard to find, I searched for hours try the following link provides all available update downloads for Delphi:
< 5

cost about £130 but is well worth it, although access dbase is still pants!! (but do we have a choice!)

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back