Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Where do I change the After Hours time in Application Builder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuardguyMO

Technical User
Feb 3, 2010
US
I have a customer that says the after hours recording is not working. Where do I check the time settings for this? Should there be a Time Control on the main auto attendant? There is a continue block, but I don't know where that is pointed at. Is there a way to see if it is pointed at anything.

Is there a way to copy an existing file an make changes to it so I can go back to the original if it does not work?

I have only a little knowledge about Application Builder.

Mitch

You should check the application that has the main number pointed to it. Yes there could be a time of day block but maybe not. You need to go to the SDN table in CallPilot manager to find out what application is being used for your auto attendant. When you say after hours recording is not working do you mean a greeting, mailbox greeting, or possibly a RAN annoucement???? More details please.

It's a phone system, NOT a clock!

There are three applications associated with this site:
Main Auto-Attendant
ToD (time of day)
After Hours

They have an after hours recording set up. I adjusted the time on the Time Controler in the ToD app and it broke the Auto-Attendant (it was set to 0000 2359, I changed it to 0730 1530).

Next I put a Day Controller and a Time Controller on the Main Auto-Attendant app. Now I am able to set the time of day to play the recording for the after hours times and it works at the said time, but now you are not able to thru-dial to the 8's and 5's extensions like you can during the open hours. How do I fix this?

Is there a way to see what the Continue Block is attached to and what exactly is it used for? I can only assume that this block leads to the ToD app and the Continue Block on the ToD app leads to the After Hours app.

There are not any notes in the remarks area of any of the blocks.

My guess is that the ToD and After Hours apps are imported into the main auto attendant. Changes to those two will need to be made within themselves. If you open the Main Auto-Attendant, on the left where you drag blocks over you should see a 3rd tab called "imported".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back