Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

where did my .png saving option go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicole0000

Technical User
Oct 18, 2007
US
Hi, option to save files for .png options in "save as" and "format" dropdown box were working just fine yesterday...

but today, then saving my graphic with file>save>put filename>and trying to choose with dropdown menu .png>it's NOT there......I see .psd, .eps, .jpg, .psb, .raw,.sct., tif but not .png and the large dropdown with everything..

I restarted PS...no luck.

I can still open .png saved pics from yesterday, and in saving again, the dropdown box with everyting comes up....

but new files today, the .png option isn't there.

Thanks for you help.

Nikky

not as familiar with .png format, but could it be that the image needs flattening or something like that where the png format doesn't support what one of the settings is currently set to?

-E

(DISCLAIMER: Self-taught AI user; unorthodox methods w/good results)
'There is no LEASH LAW for the IMAGINATION!'
myspace.com/erixworx

I believe PNG doesn't support CMYK or multiple layers so either you need to change to RGB or as ERIX says merge or flatten the layers.

YES!!!!!!!!!!

I figured out while playing around with different setups that .png does NOT support CMYK.

Thanks Erixworx and Mscallisto

Nikky

Hallelujah; and I thought "playing around" would only get me in trouble!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back