Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Where did my Access runtime go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VicM

Programmer
Sep 24, 2001
US
Hi all,
And a Happy New Year to the multitudes here.

I'm using Access 2010.

I created a DB that I want to distribute to family & friends for their use. Because no one has full blown Access, I want to distribute the DB with runtime.

But I first wanted to test out how the DB responds under runtime. So I downloaded the 2010 version of runtime and clicked on it to install. It processed the install and said it was complete. When I check my installed programs, it's listed there. However, I don't know where it is on my PC.

I've tried doing a full search and find several folders and files indicating AccessRT. Mostly all these files are .XML files.

There is one .cab file as well. When I look into the .cab file I see MSACCESS.exe. If I click on it, it asks if I want to install. I thought I already did that, so I backed out of it.

Can anyone shed light on where the runtime version might be lurking?

Thanks,
Vic

They don't coexist well from what I remember. Instead by using the runtime command line switch.

Make a shortcut with the below as a template to test... I think it is /runtime might be /r.

msaccess.exe /runtime "target database

lameid,

Thanks for your suggestion.

I'm going to remove the runtime from my PC. Don't want to tempt fate. LOL

Vic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back