Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

where could i get help of crystalreport 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

crystalamber

Programmer
Feb 1, 2007
SE
Hi,

sometimes i need to program in different places in crystal report, for example, for alignment, font, color, or some other places, but i even dont know some system variable or constant i could use, such as the constant which denotes the colors or directs the alignment(left, center or right), i feel hard to find information about programming in crystal report

You should just ask a specific question here on tek-tips. Make sure you are in the proper forum, there are4different crystal forums here. This one deals with formulas.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

"If the phone doesn't ring, it's me".....Jimmy Buffet

You should just ask a specific question here on tek-tips. Make sure you are in the proper forum, there are 4 different crystal forums here. This one deals with formulas.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

"If the phone doesn't ring, it's me".....Jimmy Buffet

Try exploring the help files for CR--they are quite comprehensive and will provide you with the information you mention.

-LB

Crystal doesn't use constants, nor is it very object oriented when using the designer.

As LB states, the help files are immense and thorough, and there are numerous classes offered, you can even take online courses, download courses and there are training CDs.

You may even be able to find something suitable in whatever your native language is.

Check out:

One of tek-tips own gurus with training available:

Generic training:

Crystal support:

-k

synapsevampire, maybe we're talking about different things, but Crystal has some constants that can be used in formulas. Here's an example that bolds a field when the value of another field = "SpecialNote".

if {Table.Field} = "SpecialNote" then
formula = crBold
else
formula = defaultattribute
end if

A list of all constants is difficult to find and the help form the version I'm locked into is fragmented. I ran across this thread when searching for a Crystal constant for font size...Anyone know if such exists?

For font size, you just go into the formula area for font size and add a formula like that results in a number, as in:

if len({table.field}) > 20 then 8 else 10

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back