Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Where can I see the name of a picture in Illustrator?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nexsus

Technical User
Oct 28, 2004
NO
I have a imported picture in Illustrator and I would like to see the file name of of the picture and if possible also where the file where imported from. Is this possible?

Nexsus

Go to Window menu and select Links. When you select an imported graphic in AI, that graphic will highlight in the Links window.

To find the the folder where the graphic is, click the little triangle at the top of the Links window and select Link Information.

Remember that, if you're sending the AI document to someone, linked images must be included in the folder, just like fonts, that yu send to the other person. If you want you can select Embed Image from the nenu shown when you click that triangle. It's then part of the AI file and you don't have to send the separate image to the other party.

Using OSX 10.3.8 on a G4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back