Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Where can I learn the ways to transfer transfer files via the web? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

steve728

Programmer
Mar 16, 2003
US
Please direct me to sources (books/articles) that will help me learn how to transfer files from a Windows 2000 web server to a remote WinXP PC's ftp site. I don't want the typical asp page that allows the user to pick a file(s) with a browse button and send. I'm using MS Access 2002's ExportXML to create the XML text files. Then in the middle of the night I will will set up a scheduled event to start up an access program to send the file(s) to a remote WinXP ftp site. Once the XML file(s) are stored in the remote PC's harddrive I will use ImportXML to append data into an existing Access table. By the way, I'm an ADO person.

Thanks!

Steve

Hello Steve:

On WinXP, install IPSwitch's WS_FTP Pro. You can upload files from the web server by running scripts. Cost $39.00

Visit $39.00 will also buy you 30 days of support which will allow you to do all the setup you need!

HTH
Mickey

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
I posted a star great friend!!!

Steve

You are welcom Steve

I get all my questions answered in this formum too!

Have a good one
Mickey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back