Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

where can i get microsoft picture and fax viewer ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vr76413

Programmer
Feb 26, 2002
US
hello all.

i liked the picture and fax viewer that comes with Windows XP home edition. i want to use the same for my other pc windows 2000. Where can i download that software ?...

or Is there an executable that i can copy from XP to 2000 ?..

Thanks

"In some older versions of Windows (Windows 2000 and Windows ME) there was a little-known program called "Imaging" that was really a third-party program from Kodak that allowed you to view image files such as .BMP, .JPG, .TIF, and .PCX. This program could be installed from the Control Panel, Add Windows Components under Accessories, and was very handy for viewing scanned FAX documents.

In Windows XP, this program has been replaced by "Windows Picture and Fax Viewer." You can open any picture file (with the extensions mentioned above), by right-clicking it, and choosing Open With... -> Windows Picture and Fax Viewer. This is handy when you only want to view the file, not edit it."

I didn't find any reference to using it on Win2000 in the first 6 pages on Google.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back