Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Where can i finde an ODBC-Driver for FM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yellowspam

Technical User
Oct 27, 2008
AT
Hi @ all:

I had downloaded Filemaker Server 9, so now I'm looking for a ODBC-Driver, so that i can Import/export Data to/from my Filemaker-DB. I've searched the web for many hours, but all i had found was the information that I need a DLL, called FMFMP50.dll.

So can anybody tell me how to find an ODBC-Driver, which works in Windows?

Doesn't anyone knows where i can find a ODBC-Driver for Windows and SQL Server?

You should be able to find the ODBC drivers on FM's site. However, if you are using FM9 you could simply use the external data sources feature. This would allow you to access the SQL Server tables directly. So, you wouldn't necessarily even have to import the data to FM. If you did it can be easily scripted once you join the SQL dbase to the FM solution.

The drivers are not on FM's site even thpugh the site says that they are. FM will not supply them to you. I don't see how they expect users to test a trial version of a database without ODBC drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back