Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Where can I find the latest version of the OI/OE XML user guide?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbaumann

Programmer
Feb 13, 2022
US
Where can I find the latest version of the OI/OE admin/user guide? I've spent days searching and keep coming with hits that describe how to install and run the OpenText server software. I was told by someone from OpenText to look at Livelink Object Importer-Records Management 6.1.1 Installation and User Guide, but half of it is like my previous its in describing how to install the software, and the rest provides a few handfuls of examples of xml files, but what I am hoping to find is a comprehensive, up-to-date list of keywords that the OI recognizes in the XML file along with at least a reasonable amount of expansion of topics of interest, such as a guided tour over the steps of creating a secure area on the destination content server, defining which users are allowed to have access to it. and any other special considerations.

Is there anything available that teaches the OI XML file parameters in a progressive way such as how some programming laguage textbooks proceed? E.g. lesson 1 is to upload some files, and then lesson 2 builds upon that by showing how to include tags that add attributes to those uploaded files, etc.

Is there anthing available along these lines? Or is the Livelink Object Importer-Records Management 6.1.1 Installation and User Guide all there is to work with?

Thanks.

Hi Greg,

Thanks for responding, at first I didn’t have any responses so I stopped checking for them for a while.
The bigger picture is as follows. I have been a programmer for over 30 years, primarily using languages such as SAS and Perl, with some VBA, java, and other languages as necessary for the current task. About a year ago I was asked to write an application that would allow users to identify files on the local file system that they wanted to have uploaded to our Open Text Content server. After doing much web searching and self-training, I was able to write an application that interacted with the user to gather the specifics of which files they wanted loaded from the local file system and the folder on the Content Server to which they wanted these files to be uploaded. My program then generated the appropriate XML file which it wrote to the location that the Object Importer periodically scanned for files to process.

All has been working well so far as long as conditions are simple. By simple, I mean that the specified destination folder on the Content Server does not already exist, so the upload process always consists of sending files to a new folder that will be created on the fly. But where I feel there is a void in my self-acquired knowledge about the Object Importer XML files has to do with functionality such as how to delete folders and/or files on the Content Server, how to define folders as members of generations, how to be able to overwrite files that are already in the destination folder, how to query the contents of the folder in advance of uploading new files to it, how to check if the destination folder already exists, and things like that.

The only reference that I’ve found for the Object Importer XML file is through the following steps:

1. Go to 2. Click on Resources
3. Click on Documentation
4. Where it says Can we help you find something, enter Object Importer User Guide
5. Click on Livelink ECM - Object Importer - Records Management 6.1.1 Installation and User Guide

The information there is not organized the way that a conventional user guide for a software application would typically be organized, section by section with new concepts being introduced progressively and with a table of contents and an index that would allow a reader to jump directly to a section of particular interest, such as Deleting Files on the Content Server.

So this is the type of reference or user guide for the Object Importer XML file that I’m trying to find.

Thanks again for responding to my query.

Unrefined petroleum costs were at that point rising even before the Russia-Ukraine war. After Russia's intrusion of Ukraine, a few nations forced intense assent on Russia. Along these lines, a few nations which were bringing in oil from Russia are currently managing other oil-rich nations. Since Russia is the world's third-biggest oil maker after the US and Saudi Arabia, this brought about a value increase of unrefined petroleum due to less inventory and a similar interest.

India is sending out a few merchandise, for example, drugs, tea, hardware and so on to Russia and Ukraine. In this way, the Ukraine emergency will affect the exporters in these businesses.
An ascent in unrefined petroleum costs implies petroleum and diesel costs might expand, which can bring about value ascent of regular wares, for example, grains and vegetables due to the ascent in the expense of moving these items. This can increase expansion, which is as of now on the ascent even before the Ukraine emergency due to the Coronavirus pandemic. Thus, a further expansion in expansion can influence the Indian economy adversely.
In addition, we rely upon Ukraine and Russia for a few products and crude merchandise, for example, sunflower oil, weapons, coal, palladium, neon gas and so on. This results in a serious lack of these products and an ascent in their costs. This also causes an ascent in expansion.
As of now, India is relying upon Russia for weapons. In this way, till India discovers some elective source, it will be challenging for the protection area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back