Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Where can I find the domino admin client?

Status
Not open for further replies.

angelonyc

MIS
Jun 28, 2002
US
trying to get certified for notes domino. set up domino on a server. where is the admin client app located? ive searched on the domino cd and the notes cd, cannot find it anywhere. domino is the enterprise cd. the service starts, i set up the domino server, gives me the admin password, and the certificate password. now how do i connect to the server to start managing it, create groups/users etc? thanks in advance! hack the planet!

Did you set up an admin account when you installed the Domino server software? If so, this ID is in the NAB. Go to your work machine and either add the new server to your existing admin client. (Administration tab/refresh server list/) or if it the one and olny.. install the client software on your favorite PC and install the notes admin client for the Clients CD. and connect to the server in question.

Is this your first time using Domino and Notes? if you wish to do the admin from the server (not a real good idea) go to the command prompt and in the server data directory find NLNOTES.NSF select it but do not run it. at the end of NLNOTES.NSF type ADMINONLY. This will open a client for administratio uses that will use the server ID. I don't recommend this as it bypasses the ACL security features.

I use a Domino group called Notes admin to give permission to setup and administer user accounts. You can add yoursaelf and whomever to this group and have some sort of control over what they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back