Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Where can I find documention on the various segments 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

LouisDBustos

IS-IT--Management
Feb 15, 2006
US
I would like to find a website where I can find what codes mean in the various segments, ie N1 Segment 01 element with a value of 'BO'. What does the BO stand for? I know BT as Bill To, and ST as Ship To. But drawing a blank on BO.

BO = Broker or Sales Office (courtesy of an EDI application called Edifics) It's a useful but rather expensive application if all you need is a reference dictionary. There used to be a free website I used but the site went down for repair a couple years ago and never came back up.

Good luck on finding one.

the Complete UN/EDIFACT standards are available on-line for free at
The ANSI ASC X12 standards are maintained by American National Standards Institute
ANSI standards documentation is available thru either ANSI or Washington Publishing Co . Available on paper or in magnetic ("disk") format.

I have never seen ANSI ASC X12 standards available for free. Anywhere. (Twenty-plus years in the ANSI EDI business).

Michael Mattias
Tal Systems Inc.
Racine WI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back