Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Where can I find an XP Driver for Rockwell Conexant SoftK56 modem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ianmoticon

IS-IT--Management
Apr 3, 2002
GB
Where can I find an XP Driver for Rockwell Conexant SoftK56 Data, Fax, Speakerphone PCI Modem?

I've downloaded the generic Conexant modem driver which does work - however, the configuration does not allow me to cut off the internal speaker sound, even when I uncheck the appropriate box - very annoying!

I've tried all the usual sources, but can't find this driver anywhere. What a pain - what a hopeless modem!

Additional info: Rockwell Conexant Soft56K PCI\RSS18005

Thanks in advance!

Der Sir/Madam
I have this problem too, if you coul solve it please let me know how can i handle this problem
with best regards
Siamak

I've got the same problem with my modem a Rockwell Conexant SoftK56 Data, Fax, Speakerphone PCI Modem. I downloaded the HSF generic but the modem makes the noise during connection.

I tried all the drivers and changed the settings adding at Extra ATM0 for speaker off and the result is the same.

I have no solution. Can anyone help me?

I'm having exactly the same problem with the Rockwell R6787 that's in a computer I'm fixing for a friend.....I have tried virually everything I can to get the stupid thing to be quiet when connected to the internet!!!

The solution that I've come up with is not elegant, but just plug an audio jack into the speaker out slot on the back of the modem.....the jack doesn't have to go to anything, but once it's plugged in, the modem's speaker will be quiet!

Good luck!

Hi
I tried installing the modem driver that Freshman suggested but still have the same problem. Any more ideas would be much appreciated?
FYI, here are some details of my modem:
Chip number : RS56/SP-PCI11P1
Vendoe ID: 127A
Device : 2005
Vendor : Rockwell
Device Name : HSF Data/Fax/Voice/Speakerphone
Decription : Single chip 56K V90 modem/speakerphone

In the extra settings box, of advanced modem properties in device mangler, put M0L0 (that's M zero L zero).
Restart. Cheers,
Jim
iamcan.gif

Hi
Thank you for your prompt response.
I did try entering M0L0 in the "extra initilization commands" section of advanced modem properties in device manager and ten rebooted. Howevever, I still have the same problem. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
Best regards

Lorenzo

Time to dig out the modem, write down any numbers on it, and Google it. You're going to need the actual modem manufacturer's driver to get it right.
It could be an Aztech... Cheers,
Jim
iamcan.gif

The conextant generic drivers don't turn off the speaker on some softk56 cards.

I have a 14F1 2015 HSF noname model.

The Aopen FM56-SM drivers (at Aopens site) do turn the speaker off for my conextant rs56-pci chip.

But you need to replace the [HSF_MODEM] section in the Aopens MasterEnumerator .inf file with the [HSF_MODEM] section from the conextant generic drivers MasterEnumerator .inf file otherwise some cards won't get recognized by windows when trying to install the drivers.

In one of the .inf files there is a MasterEnumerator line.
That is the .inf file to edit.

Also the [HSF_MODEM] section has PCIFriendlyName lines in it.
That is the section to replace.

This works for Win9x and WinMe I hav'nt tried XP or 2000.

For other conextant chip models it may work with the corresponding Aopen drivers for that chip.

You can also put a dummy plug (not attached to speakers) into the speaker out socket to stop the noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back