Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Where can I find a Driver for my Apricot XJ52178B SVGA Monitor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

retrochoir

Technical User
Jan 25, 2002
GB
Apart from the obvious sites like Mitsubishi, where on earth can I fin a Driver for this Monitor?

I've searched the Net till I'm blue in the face but with no luck.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Jeff

GOOGLE SEARCH:

Your search - Apricot XJ52178B SVGA Monitor - did not match any documents.

No pages were found containing "xj52178b".

1ST: Make sure you have the Right model #.

2nd: If it is SVGA, as you say, it should plug and play in Win9x.

You don't mention anything else, I won't guess.

> Depending on where you are at,,,,, you could always buy a used SVGA for $20 - $40 and solve your problem. Sometimes antiques are NOT worth the hassle.

Yes Jakespeare, the model number is correct and I managed to get a few results on google by omitting some of the characthers from either the beginning or end of the model number.

Your comment "You don't mention anything else, I won't guess." is far too self satisfying for my liking.

I asked if anyone knew where I could find a driver for this monitor- no more, no less.

Please refrain from offering me advice unless your aim is to be genuinely helpful.

Thanks for your tip mintaka but I've already tried that website with no luck.

Cheers anyway,

Jeff

not all monitors have drivers, you can use the "plug and play monitor" or "standard 1280x1024 monitor" it should work just fine...

Are you running this monitor through a PCI video card? Only reason is, my experience, PCI video cards often don't let information pass through as to what monitor type you have.

So, if you want, you can try loading a driver for a different monitor brand, because all that driver does is to allow only certain refresh rate values, and if you can install _any_ driver, you can just set on your own then what refresh rate you want, and if one isn't supported by the monitor, the screen will be blank, but Windows will reset to the original refresh rate in 10 or 15 seconds.

No I'm runing it throudg an AGP NVIDIA MX400 64Mb.

I ask this because there is a gap of 1cm at either side of the monitor which could be being used to enlarge the viewing area.

Any Help with this would be greatly appreciated

Have you tried to adjust the horizontal and vertical size controls on the monitor? I have a 17" monitor that I run at 800x600 and just stretch the picture to fill the screen, because I like the look better and a lot of games and things require 800x600 16 bit high color. I wouldn't think you'd need a driver since a plug and play generic driver should work. "A little knowledge is a dangerous thing....." [morning]

I'm running it at 800x600 which is the monitor's max resolution. I'm using the generic Windows 800x600 SVGA driver. The screen size controls are manual and I've stretched the screen as far as it'll go.

I wonder if changing the Refresh rate would help.

Anyone know how this can be done?

Thanks to all contributors so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back