Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

where can I download the PFAdmin tool from ?? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

gman10

Technical User
Jul 20, 2001
US
Can anyone tell where I can download this tool PFadmin from?
I know it's obtainable from the Exchange 2000 resource kit but I nor my company that needs a "public folder/permissions" problem fixed, has this darn tool.. anyone have any idea?

thx

gman[morning]

Hi!
What is the problem with the public folders?
Switching to Exchange Native Mode might help with restoring permissions to public folders.

Didocus

Really, can you walk me thru trying to do this? You see, originally one of my colleagues installed the IISLock tool.. this caused many headaches.. I removed the tool, modified the registry, went on the Windows Knowledge Base and did a million things to fix this but it's still causing a problem with modifying permissions in Public Folders.. When the "actual" owner of these created files can't make the changes he needs... you know that this IIScrap tool is quite a pesky little thing! Anyway, no one has told me about running Exchange in native mode.. how do I actually do this..

thx u!

gman

Hi!

I would recommend you to install (reinstall) the latest SP for Exchange2000 because there is a chance that it will fix your problem.
Then - switching to Exchange Native mode. You can switch to Native Mode if you do not have Exchange 5.5 servers in your site. Start the Exchange System Manager, Right click the top icon for your Site Name, choose properties and in operation mode choose Native. After that reboot.

Didocus

The solution is simple, get your hands on a Exchange 2000 Server Resource Kit .

Marc
[sub]If 'something' 'somewhere' gives 'some' error, expect random guesses or no replies at all. Please specify details.
Free Tip: The F1 Key does NOT destroy your PC!
[/sub]

guys, where do you actually check to see if Exchange 2000 SP's were installed on an email server. I'm obviously checking in Control Panel/Add-Remove Programs. I see Windows 2K sp4 there but no Exchange SP's, any place else to look for this?

thx

gman[morning]

thx again, yes -my employer is purchasing this tool as we speak.. :)

gman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back