Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Where can I download the lastest kernel RPM package of Redhat AS 2.1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

microsky

MIS
May 7, 2001
Are there any body know where can I download the RPM package of lastest Redhat AS 2.1 'kernel (kernel-2.4.9-e27.i686.rpm)?

I had try to download the SRPM of kernel-2.4.9-e27.src.rpm, after compile, didn't generate kernel-2.4.9-e27.i686.rpm, any body know how to gernate the kernel's RPM package from this source file?

Thanks!

You can use rpm --rebuild to build the binary kernel package. Or go to ftp.redhat.com and look for the update folder.Good Luck....:)

This source file just generate 4 rpm file:
kernel-boot, kernel-doc,kernel-source and kernel-header, why it didn't generate the kernel-2.4.9-e27.rpm? So even i apply this package into my system , the kernel package also is 2.4.9-e3 not w.4.9-e27.

I think you forget another step after you installed the kernel.You need to modify the bootloader.And your RHAS can boot from new kernel.
Example : /etc/lilo.conf
image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.4.e27

Good Luck .....:)

I modified /etc/lilo.conf file, it can boot from new image file, but when I check the kernel version, it also is 2.4.9-e3, because the source RPM package didn't generage binary kernel RPM package. How can I upgrade kernel-2.4.9-e3 to kernel-2.4.9-e27 ?

==========================================================
[root@webdev tmp]# rpm -qa |grep kernel
kernel-utils-2.4-6
kernel-headers-2.4.9-e.27
kernel-smp-2.4.9-e.3
kernel-2.4.9-e.3
kernel-source-2.4.9-e.27
kernel-doc-2.4.9-e.27
kernel-source-2.4.9-e.27
kernel-BOOT-2.4.9-e.27
[root@webdev tmp]# more /etc/lilo.conf
image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.4.9-e.27BOOT