Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Where autenticate in Exchange

Status
Not open for further replies.

jomartinpe

IS-IT--Management
May 9, 2006
Hi Forum
I have a problem. My ISP have changed its smtp servers to another name, before was smtp:domainname and now is smtpseguro.domainname. They ask me that when create the account inside mail client (my case is Microsoft Outlook) check the box 'My outgoing server-SMTP- requiere authentication' and click 'Use the same configuration...' then accept all and restart Outlook. I see this works fine for clients computers, but in my organization have the SBS 2003 with exchange active. My ask is know in whats parts of setting Exchange I need to activate the authentication.
I replaced the last 'smtp'name for the new one 'smtpseguro' in both virtual connector and virtual server inside Exchange,restarted SMTP service, tryed from clients pcs but the mail dont reach destination. In the queues I see no mail queued, it is clean.I guess the mail 'lost' in the internet. I reported this problem to my ISP but they take long time to reply. Can someone help me?
JMartin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back