Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

where are the news articles and the media people?

Status
Not open for further replies.

techwriter56

Technical User
Mar 26, 2002
US
Hmm, as we seem to be in a very bad spot now in IT I don't see too many pundits talking about it. I am frankly surprised a bit. Don't you agree ? Of course I don't read
Computerworld anymore (maybe I should). Anyone seen any industry articles about the layoffs and the masses of applicants looking for work?

I haven't seen any articles... but I have seen the layoffs and masses of applicants looking for work... Most of the articles I've seen have been about the recovery process - how some companies are trying to recover enough to stop the massive layoffs and hiring freezes... BeckahC
[noevil]

In the meantime I have found some on zdnet. A great web-site. there is a link on - IT jobs. and some very good articles about layoff and how people cope. Being in sacramento and from the bay area I always thought this area
is the worst and isolated. the funny thing no one seemed to respond to my job query from the other parts of the country.
Now it turned out it is very bad everywhere. The article talks about Charlotte, NC and east coast markets as well.

Personally, I'm trying to get in good with a pc consulting firm. If I ever get layed off, I'd love to get there. One of the reasons for no jobs is a lot of companies are getting rid of the majority of there it people and using consultants instead. Costs more, but don't always need them. Meanwhile, if you have some good skills, start your own business on the side. Work for people occasionally until you get a job is the way I look at it. (Media only going to tell what they want.) Glen A. Johnson
Microsoft Certified Professional
gjohn76351@msn.com
"A pleasant illusion is better than a harsh reality."
Christian Nevell Bovee 1820-1904, US author.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back