Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Where are the logs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RLE

IS-IT--Management
Sep 18, 2002
ES
I want to get which files my jobs has backed up. Which logs should I look in?

Thanks

Look in 'Backup, Archive and Restore', and it will list the files backed up on a particular date.

Jon...

You can also play around with the bpflist utility which is in veritas\netbackup\bin\admincmd. Quite handy especially when exporting to excel etc.

I am currently in the process of enhancing the backup_notify exit using bpflist and the date of the backup to show which files have been backed up. It is almost complete, and shiould be ready on Monday. I would have it ready today, but I have a day off.

The script will check to see if the client reuqires a backup report via the "case" command. I did try this with our master server, but I would not recommmned doing this, since your catalog will be displayed and could be quite large. Ours is 22 GB compressed (was 57 GB before the compression).

I can share this with anyone who would like a copy.

[smile]

I would love to get a copy from you once it is done - You have some great posts - Keep up the help, most beneficial and helpful.

Please email me at sstaves@mail.canfor.ca

If you have completed that script I would love to get a copy.

richard.pugh@salemgroup.com

Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back