Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Where are macro icons held?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SQLWilts

Programmer
Feb 12, 2001
GB
Hi,
I have created a number of custom toolbars using macros (keystrokes, not mouse clicks :)) and they work fine.
I am now looking at passing the laptop building process to our helpdesk. The macros go across no trouble, but where are the icons held? Are they in the username.ini? Otherwise, the users get a green circle with a question mark and do not have the authority to change them.
Thanks in advance

I would assume that you are using the macros from the Taskbar, and, that being the case, the pointer to the icons should be in the UserID.tbi. I say the pointers to the icons as the icons themselves are stored in a DLL in the GoldMine main folder.

Hi,

I didn't word that very well, but your reply put me on the right path.

We are using a global toolbar called gm.tbi, not individual user ones. when I looked at the source inside gm.tbi, I saw that it was looking for the icon in gmres.dll which existed on the server, but of course the path on the synching laptops is different - hence they couldn't find them.

I altered the gm.tbi to use a path that the laptops and server would recognise, and ensured that the gmres.dll was copied down as part of the install to the same place.

Many thanks for your hint - as I said, it put me on the right path.

Glad that I could assist in even that small way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back