Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

where are bug codes procedures explained?

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwzx

Technical User
Aug 29, 2003
US
This questions has got to have been asked many times before but I did a search on bug codes and did not find an answer.
When you look up some bug codes in the NTP, it will refer to "run xxx procedure". Where do you find those procedures and what they consist of????????
Thanks for any thoughts.
One other thing, in my search for bug codes there was a link given that gave you a database of all the error codes and their explanations. That link is no long longer valid. Does anyone know of a new link?

AT THE TOP OF THE MERIDIAN FORUM YOU WILL FIND A BANNER FOR PBXTECH SERVICES, THERE IS A PROGRAM FOR EXTERMINATOR IF YOU ARE REALLY INTERESTED IN THEM.
MYSELF IF THE SWITCH DON'T BURP I DON'T CARE, IF YOU DON'T LIKE SEEING THEM TAKE BUG OUT OF YOUR TTY

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

have you used "EXTERMINATOR"?
I had looked at the ad but I did not see where it explained the procedures listed in the NTP's. The program appears to be just a fast lookup for the bug codes, not an explanation the the referenced procedure.
an example would be

BUG0005 Invalid ORIGTN in 128 ms timing list. *(CRPTR). Procedure WORKSHED

In the statement where do I find out what procedure WORKSHED is?

BUG codes are usually not used by local technicians. The are usually used by NORTEL to do extensive trouble shooting. They usually gto to the source code of the PBX to figure out the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back