Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

When uploading file using Open Text explorer some files showing 0kb

Status
Not open for further replies.

LivelinkDotnet

Programmer
Jul 5, 2010
IN
thread862-1190147
Hi,

We are using Livelink 9.7.1 , remote cache server and users upload documents into Livelink using Open Text explorer 10. When some remote cache users upload documents , it is appearing as 0 kb even after several hours file size does not get updated. It is not happening with all files. When user tries to upload same file again , it gets uploaded correctly.

When we have check the OT Local logs on user machine , in pasteresults.log file we could find below error(sorry right now i dont have exact error message , i will paste it later), but it is something like below .

Failed to copy (.... file path..) HR = ... Creation of item failed

SessionFailure = -1
message = unable to perform storedoc

Remember it is not happening with all files.

We still haven't received any solution or root cause for this even from support.
We have enabled wireshark logs on remote cache server.

I would be grateful if somebody can helps us or let me know why above error occurs and where can i find its entry.

Unfortunately whenever we have enabled logging ,issue did not happen, so hence no use of logs.

Thanks

Mostly problems of this nature are due to load at the livelink server that means a livelink server was installed but never fine tuned for supply/demand.
The resources any app server it has is finite so livelink is no exception.So i would look at your "useless logs" to see if one can understand something amiss.
How many users how many threads to this livelink how many documents ingested per hour,is archive server employed for file store?
Is the system current on patches?Has OT support been notified?

Well, if I called the wrong number, why did you answer the phone?
James Thurber, New Yorker cartoon caption, June 5, 1937
Certified OT Developer,Livelink ECM Champion 2008,Livelink ECM Champion 2010

Thanks for quick reply.

Below is the error message in PasteResults.log file under OT local folder on user machine.
Error Failed to copy HR=0x800402c9

Yes we have contacted OT support for this. no solution yet . As i mentioned this issue is intermittent. Currently we have just enabled wireshark logs on remote cache server . Earlier we have enabled all logging and asked few users (whoes documents are usually having issue), but then issue did not happen.

There are five threads ... we have checked network traffic and it is 60 to 70 %.

I will try to share more details. I was trying to search on knowledge base found one article
In opentext.ini file on remote cache there is not entry for upload directory .

What is the basic flow of document when user drags drop file using open text explorer? i have checked temp folder ..but i could not find there also.

Thanks for all your help

Sorry forgot to mention no we do not have Archive server. External file share is used. Yes i think system have all current patches.

You asked about flow.Here's regular livelink. user clicks link. Livelink uses database connection and does permission check.User uploads file.File is uploaded by the webserver to its temp directory(default) or to where you specified an upload directory. Livelink allocates node( place holder 0 KB).Livelink picks up user uploaded file and adds a version in its provider(usually EFS).Livelink explorer uses a standard socket streaming option to do the same.RC server does node allocation and adds version using a scheduled agent.RC is nothing but a client to the main livelink server.You have only 5 threads in your livelink a single server for user requests,admin chores,agent notifications?.I call that crazy.
RC needs a lot of ports open . Open a ticket with OT so they can do a health check and suggest possible architectural improvements.If the 0 KB file gets replaced by a real file later then you are just panicking because that is how RC uploads work.

Well, if I called the wrong number, why did you answer the phone?
James Thurber, New Yorker cartoon caption, June 5, 1937
Certified OT Developer,Livelink ECM Champion 2008,Livelink ECM Champion 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back