Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

When typeing in forum posts-very slow response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

markajem

Programmer
Dec 20, 2001
US
Don't know what happened all of a sudden. But now when I post in any forum my letters do not come out right away. The cursor is so sloooo It takes forever for the tpe to catch up to me although I do type very fast to begin with. But it has been really good until just today. It is hesitating on every forum. I am about 25 to 40 words ahead of it. Then if I think I made a typo I have to stop and wait for the cursor to catch up to me. Also usually the words do not apear until I stop typing. This is consistant no matter what forum I am on and the deplay is also very consistant.

I have tried running virus check, spy checking. all that kind of stuff. Also tried rebuiliding the Registry key ProtectedStorage as per MSKnowledge Base Article 251787

Any ideas on what it may be.

I checked msconfig and nothing new is loading.

Win98SE
IE6
AVG Grisoft antivirus
Dialup (Same connection speed)

Also just noticed that the scrolling is choppy.

Thanks

Mark
Email: markanas333@hotmail.com

Have you checked the status of your system resources? It sounds like you are running out of RAM. Is there a lot of writing going to and from the HD?

My momory is the same a it has for some time. My resources are high as normal. I do not detect any constant writing to and from the HD and that would slow the entire system down I would think. This must have somethign to do speicially with the internet.

Mark

Try clearing your temporary internet files and see if that makes a difference.

Also when you get the problem, open up your word processor program and see if the same happens.

If it does, then it is a hardware issue, if not then it is an IE6 problem.

Cleared the temp internet files many time already, no help there. MS Word works fine so not a hardware issue. This has happened to me in the past and just do't remember what I did to solve the problem.

Mark

alt/control/delete the desktop and see how many applications are running in background. You may then want to
Check your msconfig startup folder and uncheck programs, you don't need to run are running in the background.
Why turn on the lights and applicances in your home, if you only use just a few?

you may also want to run adaware.,, seems crazy but if you have done all the temp file cache and the ram is not a problem, you could have spyware running..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back