Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

When trying to shut down computer, Iexplore.exe doesn't respond

Status
Not open for further replies.

ffaucher

IS-IT--Management
Jul 31, 2000
CA
Each time I want to turn off the computer (Windows XP sp2), after a while, a small screen appears saying that iexplore.exe doesn't respond and I have to click on iexplore.exe and press "End now" 2 to 3 times to be able to turn off the computer. How can I fix that? Thank you for helps.

System: windows XP sp2
explorer 6

1. You're in the wrong forum - try forum779.
2. Does it matter? If that's only problem I'd suggest not, but if you have other issues (eg, general slow to respond etc), then please share them with us.
3. What's running when you are shutting down (eg, so you close all apps first - or just leave windows to do that. Several apps actually have ie running in the background - and I'm thinking a number of them are spyware). Try checking the process running list in task manager before shutting down and AFTER closing all obviously open windows yourself. If iexplore is still running, you've probably got an unwanted visitor, and I'd run full AV and several anti-spyware scans (adaware, spybot, avg)

I close every applications before shutting down Windows XP. Antivirus NOD32 didn't find anything. AdAware SE Personal found only 6 data miners that I deleted. I will try with Spybot to see. And I will check in the task manager to see if iexplore.exe is still running according to what you said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back