Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

When to use pages pallet

Status
Not open for further replies.

samjoy

Programmer
Apr 28, 2009
GB
Hi, I have created an 8 page invite that is seperate square pages that will go in a box in 8 seperate indesign projetcs . I have just started looking into the pages pallet, should I use pages option and make these 8 pages in 1 indesign file so export to printer etc as 1 8 page PDF doccument or stick to the seperate 8 Indesign/PDF files I have, is it easy at this stage to integrate my 8 projects into a 8 page Indesign doccument, ie convert a indesign project to a page in my new file.Should I use page pallet for things like flyers, one page for front one for back inside same indesign doccument etc. Thanks sam

>>> "Should I use page pallet for things like flyers, one page for front one for back inside same indesign doccument etc." <<<

yes

>>> "Hi, I have created an 8 page invite that is seperate square pages that will go in a box" <<<

i assume you mean 8 page "loose leaves" (printed one side only), that aren't bound together in any way shape or form.

I also assume you already have 8 indesign docs (with 1 page per doc) and have created separate PDF files from each indesign doc. If so, then this is fine, you don't need to combine the indesign files together...

...if ever needed, you can drag and drop selected pages from one indesign doc to another from the pages palette to the target document window, but would always advise care when doing so...

andrew

Thanks andrew,will leave my project as is, and yes I meant 8 loose leaves if you did something like that would you base it in 1 project as pages. Thanks again
sam

...no worries sam...

>>> "if you did something like that would you base it in 1 project as pages" <<<

...if i knew from the outset, i probably would create all single sides in one indesign file, particularly if each loose leaf had similar look and feel with repeating information, colors etc...

...it can streamline the workflow to do it that way, easier to navigate through the one document...

...just have to be clear to your print provider about the print spec required, informing them that each page represents single side print only, but all that would normally be cleared up with a print provider before they even get the artwork...

andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back