Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

When Submitting a form in Netscape it returns a Save As window

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamessf

Programmer
Apr 2, 2001
US
I am using a image for my submit button and no matter what I try I get the same result in Netscape 4.X and above. You click submit and a Save As dialog comes up to save my PERL script instead of processing it. If I use standard buttons everything works fine. Of course i encounter none of these issues in IE either way.

I have tried the following:
creating a JS function to submit the form and calling it in A tag with a onClick event, in the Form tag with a onSubmit event, in the image with a onClick event, putting a A tag with the form path as the HREF, and so many other things my head hurts more thinking about it. X-)

Has anyone come across anything like this? or Have any for sure method to ease my pain?
Thanks

Could you post the code you're using for the submit button? I've never had any problems with this...

These are my last two attempts:
<code><form METHOD=&quot;post&quot; NAME=&quot;SPSForm&quot; onsubmit=&quot;return submitToSPS()&quot; ACTION=&quot;/cgi-bin/oeminkjet/SPSFormMail.pl&quot;></code> using this function...
<code>function submitToSPS()
{
document.SPSForm.action =&quot; document.SPSForm.submit();
}</code> & on the image
<code><input onClick=&quot;javascript:submitToSPS()&quot; type=&quot;image&quot; border=&quot;0&quot; name=&quot;Submit&quot; src=&quot; WIDTH=&quot;54&quot; HEIGHT=&quot;16&quot;></code> So I have also called this function in a A tag around the image and did a document.forms[0].submit too. Let me know if you have any insight.
James

When I tested it this on our server it worked fine... The only time it didn't work (prompted me to save) was when I accidently left the document.SPSForm.action in the javascript function pointing to your server.

Sorry I couldn't be more help, but that should help you narrow it down...

tim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back