Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

When sending delegated email, reply is not sent to recipient

Status
Not open for further replies.

marinaatwork

Technical User
Jul 26, 2002
CA
Hi,

One of our clients uses Lotus Notes. When we receive an email from this person, the Sender field displays User@Company.com sent on behalf of User@Company.com.
Firstly, I don't understand why someone would be delegating authority to themselves.
Further to that, when user@company replies to the response from my user, the email does not get sent to my user. My user receives a copy of their original mail and user@company.com ends up having to resend his response before it will actually come through.
I'm wondering if anyone has seen this before and knows how to correct it!
Any suggestions to lead me on the path to figuring this out will be most appreciated!

Thanks,

Marina.

Your client should check that the database mail owner entry for the responsible person is correct (Mail -> Tools ---> Preferences --> This mail file belongs to). The entry there must be 100% accurate to the user name in names.nsf - even a wrongly set 'blank' could lead to this situation. Apart from that: the email-address in the Person Document and the user's Location Document should be checked.
When the database mail owner has been corrected by the admin: your client should close his mail database, repoen it, write a new memo, send it to you and you answer and see whether the problem has been solved. If it has, then it will only work for future mails --> if you answer to any mails that have been sent with the wrong 'delegation' you will not succeed.
Hope this helps.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back