Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

When "Prompt for Profile" selected in Outlook 2003, OL doesn't work

Status
Not open for further replies.

csutton

Programmer
Dec 27, 2000
US
Ok.. this is a strange one and its been driving me nuts for a long time and cannot figure it out.

I have 3 profiles set up for Outlook 2003. If I have "Always use this profile", Outlook will open up properly without any issue.

If I have "Prompt for which profile to use", Outlook tells me that I do not have any profiles defined, to go into the control panel, click the mail icon and configure a profile.
^^^^^^ --- that's my problem.

The profiles are defined, and if I can select always use this profile with each of them, they all work fine.

I have uninstalled Outlook completely, reinstall it (actually the whole Office package) as well as applied SP3 (had the problem with SP2 also). I'm running Windows Vista 32.

I do not know what else to do .. its driving me nuts because I'm sick of going into the control panel to check my e-mail accounts.

Thank you.

Chris Sutton

Chris Sutton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back