Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

When playing back a voicemail the message is broken up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustinIPO

Technical User
Jun 24, 2020
US
I have a issue when playing back a voicemail its garbled and broken up. When I log into the voicemail server (Windows) and restart the service it clears up but the issue keeps coming back. Has anyone ran into this? The site is IP500V2- version 10.1.0.1.0 build 3.

There could be several reasons for that.
But first a question regarding the garble. If you restart it and then listen to a message that was garbled before, does it then sound clear?

If that is the case then it is only the playback and that can be the NIC card or the network switch but also the PC / server being just overloaded with tasks.

First thing I would do is to replace the patch cord and the switch port it is plugged in to rule that out. Then go from there and maybe install a USB to NIC and set it up on there to see if the NIC has a problem.

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

What else is running on the server? Something like a virus scannner that scans files whenever a file is accessed.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back