Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

when is A+ test switching back to old style

Status
Not open for further replies.

cabalot

Technical User
Jun 1, 2003
US
i heard the a+ test is switching back too the old way of 50 or 90 some multi choice question rather than adaptive.
anyone no when the official date is??
should this be easier or harder. i personally do better on the mike meyers adaptive than the practice.

"the 2003 upgraded version of the A+ exams will become effective in the late third quarter to early fourth quarter (exact date to be determined) of 2003."

No official date yet. I think it will be better. I hate adaptive exams. I feel cheated after all that studying...

It seems the cost of maintaining adaptive exams is driving this change. You can't revise an adaptive exam, you have to rewrite the whole enchilada, so cost is really the issue here. A traditional exam, you can revise or replace a few questions and it's no big deal.

Start studying the new 2003 exam objectives and you'll be in great shape. CompTIA calls the revision minor so you won't get any big suprizes.

A+,N+,S+,L+,I+,HTI+,CET,CST,CNST,CNCT,CFOT,CCNT,ACSP,ISA CCST3

Are there new study guides available yet for the new 2003 exams? I was about to purchase a study guide to prepare for the test but I heard the test was changing and the study guides say they were for the current/previous test not the new 2003 test that includes XP info.

If they are available what do you recommend.

Thanks,
Amanda

Actually, now the new CompTIA A+ exams won't be available until near the end of the third quarter of 2003 (after November 11, 2003).

Next month they will start adding questions from the new exams, in sort of a beta period - but you will not be graded on the new questions, and they will not count toward your score.

Tracey Rosenblath
AKA Paisleyskye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back