Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

When installing Win Server 2003 it always creates a Cluster Node?

Status
Not open for further replies.

techlounge

Technical User
Aug 21, 2010
GB
Hi all,

I'm trying to get Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition to work in VMWare 7 but for some reason as soon as it's installed and I login as Admin, 'Manager Your Server' reports: Cluster Nodes Cannot be Managed with your server.

I've tried dcpromo and that also fails with this message: File Replication Service: The dependency service does not exist or has been marked for deletion.

I found some other info that suggested that I start the services so I did and still the same problem.

The host PC is running Windows 7 x64

Can anyone please help?

Thanks

Hi sniper, I'm just carrying out a normal installation from the CD

Are you installing the VMware tools?

Denny
MCSA (2003) / MCDBA (SQL 2000)
MCTS (SQL 2005 / SQL 2005 BI / SQL 2008 DBA / SQL 2008 DBD / SQL 2008 BI / MWSS 3.0: Configuration / MOSS 2007: Configuration)
MCITP (SQL 2005 DBA / SQL 2008 DBA / SQL 2005 DBD / SQL 2008 DBD / SQL 2005 BI / SQL 2008 BI)
MCM (SQL 2008)
MVP

My Blog

Hi, When trying to install VMTools it failed everytime. The install was from an image and when I tried to install from a different disk everything went ok and is now working fine :)

Thanks all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back