Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

When Insert row from VBA in Excel into a SQL Server table the trigger for insert doesn't work in DB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gonfer

Programmer
Jul 4, 2007
CA
Hi guys,

I have a form in Excel with a button for inserting data to a SQL table. The insertion works fine, the row is inserted successfully but the trigger related to my table in my database doesn't work, however when I perform any insertion working in my SSMS the trigger works fine!. I need that the trigger works when I insert any row from excel.

Please, I would appreciate any advice. Thank you very much in advance!!!!

GonFer

Hi,

First you say your form in Excel inserts. Then you say it does not work.

????

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my OLD subtlety...
for a NUance![tongue][/sub]

You may find your answer when you provide your trigger's code in thread183-1768861

Have fun.

---- Andy

There is a great need for a sarcasm font.

Instead of just inserting the row into SS, why not create a Stored Procedure with the Trigger built into that? Then your XL form calls the Stored Procedure and provides the data to insert. SQL Server will do the rest.

Ron Repp

If gray hair is a sign of wisdom, then I'm a genius.

My newest novel: Wooden Warriors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back